1. Airline pressurization. I know why the babies scream during flight; if it hurts an adult like that, imagine what it's like for them while their little ear membranes are shredded.
2. Airline security. From what I've heard, I'd be closer to getting arrested. Or wearing a raincoat to the security line and when they ask me to take it off -- well, wearing nothing but one's social security number marker'd onto one's arm would probably be more bad taste than they could deal with. It would be fun on YouTube, though.
3. Pinched nerve; carrying stuff can lock this one down, and lose me up to 45% of function. I can't even drive like this; it's literally like being drunk. Not to mention blind with pain.
4. Stress attacks; I don't need to be in a hospital away from home going in insane circles by my emergency room bed, so I don't rip out my IV.
5. Virtual model becoming more and more successful, for example, the Desert Peach webcomic.
6. By building the virtual model, more people can take advantage of it; ultimately, this will again make available authors and artists who are distant, aging or ill.
7. Inside information says that the new virtual market is getting very close to working, and the more time I spend on it the more I will be ready when it hits.
8. I don't need anybody's autograph. We are all monkeys on this planet, with the same belly-buttons and toenails.
9. The closest connection I need to a movie star is through his or her work; the library will get just about any DVD I want, or I can get me some nice collections.
10. If the virtual panel ever gets off the ground, I can stay up all night at Comicon in my pajamas with my cats.