Thursday, April 11, 2019

Stolen Artwork - "You Shouldn't Have."

"You Shouldn't Have!"
I did this colored pencil drawing for a series of Christmas cards for Piers Anthony, featuring his characters. I had an especially fun time doing this one.

He kindly bought only the publishing rights to the artwork, and allowed me to sell the originals.

The drawing was displayed in a small art gallery in Bremerton. When the gallery closed, the artwork was not returned to me, despite my repeated attempts to have the owner do so. Nor did the owner ever contact me about the artwork.

If you were sold it, you bought stolen artwork.

This is not your fault, and I'm not going to ask for it back. But this was bad business, for both of us. Sci-fi fantasy is better than this.

3 comments:

Moonscream said...

Sorry for the belated comment - is there any chance the piece was just abandoned by the gallery owner and thus may possibly still be in the building?

B Stahr said...

Sorry to hear this and yes, sci-fi /fantasy IS better than this. Thank you for your work, it’s been uplifting.

B Stahr said...

Sorry to hear about this and yes, sci-fi is better than this. Thank you for your work, it’s been inspiring